Atty Frank C. Bartlett Jr.
Attorney Bartlett is our firm’s lead personal injury trial attorney representing those who have suffered from sexual abuse as a child, catastrophic injuries or death as a result of a car accident, motorcycle accident, workplace accident, or medical malpractice. Nationally recognized as one of the top* rated personal injury attorneys in Connecticut.
For over a decade Attorney Bartlett has successfully represented clients before the Connecticut Supreme, Appellate and Superior Courts, the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Courts, United States Tax Court as well the Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission and various other administrative agencies. He possesses unique and valuable insight gained as a former insurance defense attorney who now works strictly for people injured by accidents or the wrongs of others.
He has secured settlements and verdicts on behalf of his clients totaling in excess of $29,000,000 since opening the firm in 2012. In 2013 he had the distinction of having two of the Connecticut Law Tribune’s top twenty-five personal injury jury verdicts. He has successfully argued many cases before Connecticut Superior Courts, Appellate Court and the Connecticut Supreme Court.
A personal note from Attorney Bartlett
Why I’ve Dedicated My Life to Giving Victims A Voice
Quite simply, I became a lawyer to help people. I’m motivated by giving victims a voice. I cherish working in an honorable profession and strive to erase the negative stereotypes that have formed about lawyers through fulfilling my calling as a personal injury attorney.
Early in my legal career, I was working at an insurance defense firm. It was so disturbing to see the way insurance companies tried to poke holes in peoples’ stories and minimize their suffering. I was drawn to the personal injury field and eventually made the decision to devote my practice entirely to representing those who had been injured and abused through the wrongdoing of others.
I knew personal injury law was the right field for me when I represented a young man who had sustained permanent injuries after being jumped at a bar. During his jury trial, we pursued the bar for failing to provide adequate security. We presented evidence that several bar patrons had complained to the bartenders and security about the group that would later assault my client, but the bar staff had failed to take proper safety precautions. Their failure to act enabled the altercation where my client’s life was changed forever. Fighting for justice for those who endure life-altering events resonated with me and confirmed that I had found my purpose in life.
An unfortunate truth is that people are injured and abused as a result of careless and wrongful acts by others every day. For those people to get their lives back on track financially after incurring medical expenses, they are then forced to deal with insurance companies and corporations whose goal is to pay as little as possible to resolve their claims. As a personal injury attorney, my job is to be the voice for these victims in court and to stand up to insurance companies and corporations so that my clients receive the compensation they deserve. To this end, Bartlett Legal Group has embraced our motto of “Giving Victims A Voice” and we uphold this mission each and every day.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of injury or abuse, Bartlett Legal Group and I are here to help. I personally handle and oversee every aspect of each case, from the initial intake to the settlement or trial, and diligently apply my 15 years of experience during every step of the process. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with me, please call (203) 439-7717 or email me at [email protected].
Achievements and Accolades
Attorney Frank Bartlett’s achievements inside and outside the courtroom have earned him many prestigious honors.
- Named as one of Connecticut Law Tribune’s “2014 New Leaders in the Law”.
- Attorney Bartlett has been evaluated by several independent attorney rating services such as Thomson Reuters who selected Bartlett as a Connecticut “Super Lawyer” in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and again in 2019.
- 2012 Selected as a Connecticut Super Lawyers Rising Star, a distinction given to less than 2.5% of the attorneys in Connecticut.
- Recognized as one of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Connecticut in 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- 2014 2016 2018 Named by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in Connecticut and in 2018 one of the top 100 lawyers nationwide.
- A team of lawyers spent six months researching tens of thousands of lawyers across the country and manually selecting less than 1.5% of all lawyers based on an array of criteria.
- 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 named one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Connecticut for Client Service by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Justia, a legal rating service gave Attorney Bartlett a perfect 10.0
- 2018 National Academy of Person Injury Attorneys’ Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys in Connecticut.
- As a result of settlements he has negotiated on behalf of his clients, Attorney Bartlett has earned a life membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group touted to be “The Top Trial Lawyers in America”.
- His experience, client satisfaction, and peer recognition have further earned Attorney Bartlett the highest possible ranking of 10.0 of 10.0, “Superb” by Avvo, a national independent lawyer rating service. He has also earned the Avvo distinction of being named a “Top Attorney” in the field of Wrongful Death, Car Accidents, Litigation, and Personal Injury.
- 2018 National Academy of Personal Attorneys’ NAOPA named Bartlett “Nation’s Premier” Top Ten Attorney.
- 2018, 2019 Fellow, by the Litigation Counsel of America
- 2018 Member of the Trial Law Institute
Attorney Bartlett, a life-long Connecticut native, and current Cheshire resident graduated cum laude from the University of Connecticut in 2000 with a B.A. in Philosophy and a B.A. in Psychology. After graduating magna cum laude from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2004 with a Juris Doctor degree he had the distinguished privilege of serving one year as clerk to the Honorable Francis X. Hennessy of the Connecticut Appellate Court. He then joined the law offices of Ouellette, Deganis, Gallagher, LLC in Cheshire, Connecticut where he litigated personal injury, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, construction and insurance defense cases. In 2012 he partnered with the Family Law Offices of William P. Burns Jr., LLC in Naugatuck, Connecticut to form Bartlett Burns, LLC a personal injury and family law firm. In 2016 he formed Bartlett Legal Group, LLC to focus the firm exclusively on helping the injured and abused.
On a Personal Note
I live in Cheshire with my loving wife Kelly and our sons, Andrew and Owen. Family has always been a cornerstone of my life. I’m a fan of the Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Braves, and the UCONN Huskies. In my spare time, I enjoy working on my house and cars, golfing, and spending time with my family. I believe in hard work and maintaining a good balance with family time.
- Connecticut, 2004 Juris Number: 423808
- Firm Juris Number 433299
- New York, 2008 Bar Number: 457922
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
- Mohegan Tribal Court
- United States Tax Court
Attorney Bartlett is an active member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity Epsilon Zeta Chapter Alumni Housing Corps. and serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Health 360, a division of the Connecticut Area Health Education Centers program.
Giving to Charity
Attorney Frank Bartlett has pledged to donate a portion of every dollar earned in the representation of his personal injury clients to charitable organizations, including those supporting military veterans. For additional information about his local charities and this year’s charities please click here.